Formerly the Marine Police Headquarters, FWD HOUSE 1881 is located in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui. With a history of 130 years, the historic monument has become an iconic cultural as well as commercial landmark captivating locals and tourists with its modernised colonial charm. The architectural highlights, the stable block, the signal tower all bear witness to its past.
Participants will learn about the history, geographical stories and associating anecdotes of Tsim Sha Tsui in this heritage tour. The walkabout tour will start from the railway history of the Clock Tower, followed by the reminiscence of the Star Ferry along the harbour and recollection of the historic duties of the Signal Tower, Old Fire Station and Artillery battery after ambling along Canton Road and Hong Kong Space Museum. The colonial architectural features and the long forgotten interesting facts of FWD HOUSE 1881 as the former Marine Police Headquarters will mark the end of this informative tour.
Date: 25 April (Sun)
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Fee: HKD250 + 100MAX points
*Every successful registration as FWD MAX members can earn 250 points
Tutor: Heritage Footprints HK
Venue: FWD HOUSE 1881
Timeslot: 2 hours
How to redeem the Workshop Quota(s)
- Redeem the Workshop Quota(s) online at FWD MAX website during the redemption period.
- Each member can only redeem a maximum of TWO Workshop Quota. Each Workshop Quota is valid for one person only.
- FWD MAX will send a confirmation email to members who have successfully redeemed the Workshop Quota(s) through member’s registered email address automatically with a redemption code (“Redemption Code”).
- Members are required to arrive 10 minutes before the workshop begins and present the confirmation email in order to join the workshop.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- The amount of Workshop Quota(s) is limited and available on a first come, first served basis while stocks last.
- Each member could redeem at most two Workshop Quota. Each Workshop Quota is valid for one person only.
- All Workshop Quota(s) cannot be changed, returned, exchanged for other items or redeemed for cash.
- Upon confirmation of the Workshop Quota(s) redemption request, neither amendment nor cancellation of the redemption item nor return will be accepted (including absentee or unable to provide related document proof on workshop date, etc.) and related MAX points will be deducted automatically from your FWD MAX account, except in the circumstances when the workshop is being cancelled.
- The workshop will be cancelled and will be refunded to participants if the workshop has fewer than 10 confirmed participants 14 days before the event day.
- If a workshop has to be cancelled or rescheduled due to inclement weather, FWD MAX or FWD HOUSE 1881 will notify the participant(s) of the arrangements via email as soon as possible. Generally, if typhoon signal no. 8 or above or red/black rainstorm is hoisted or still hoisted at or after 8:00 am, workshops that day held at 6:00pm or before will be cancelled. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or red/black rainstorm is hoisted or still hoisted at or after 3:00 pm, workshops that day held after 6:00 pm will be cancelled. All the affected workshops will be postponed or subject to other arrangements as shall be notified by FWD MAX or FWD HOUSE 1881. Apart from the hoisting of typhoon signal no. 8 or above or due to red/black rainstorm, the workshops will not be affected by other weather conditions.
- FWD MAX and FWD HOUSE 1881 may decide whether to continue the workshops according to the actual situation.
- The above arrangement is for reference only. In all cases, participants should consider the weather, road and transport situation to decide whether to attend the workshops. No make-up workshop or refund will be arranged to the absentee for these cases. No make-up workshop or refund will be arranged for workshops cancelled due to bad weather.
- FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited, which is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability (“FWD Life”), is the event organizer. The members and/or their companions will be personally responsible for any additional costs incurred due to change of program arrangement. The members and/or their companions shall resolve any disputes regarding the event with the event organizer directly. Participation in the event is voluntary and undertaken at the event participants’ own risk. Each event participant agrees to hold harmless to FWD Life from any and all liabilities arising from bodily injuries, accidents, death or other losses caused by travelling to and from the event venue, during the event or whatsoever reason.
- For the record of redemption (including but not limited to the date and time), FWD Life’s system record shall prevail. FWD Life will not be responsible for any delay, loss, error or unrecognised situation due to computer and / or Internet’s connection, technical problem, malfunction or accident.
- FWD MAX will send a confirmation email to members who have successfully redeemed the Workshop Quota(s) through member’s registered email address automatically with a redemption code. Members are required to arrive 10 minutes before the workshop begins and present the confirmation email in order to join the workshop. FWD Life, FWD MAX or the event organizer will not take any responsibility and will not re-send or replace the Workshop Quota(s) if the member fails to attend the workshop at designated timeslot. Related MAX points will still be deducted from the FWD MAX accounts automatically.
- To facilitate this purpose as stated in clause 11 above, FWD Life may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share the members’ personal data with data processors and service providers within or outside Hong Kong. Members have the right to request access to and, following such access, to request correction (if appropriate) held by FWD Life. Any of such request for access and correction should be made and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All intellectual property rights in relation to all items of this event (including, but not limited to copyright, trademark, design and model rights) and other rights (including but not limited to banners, advertising property and concepts rights) shall belong to FWD Life. FWD Life might take photos and videos of the members and/ or their companions enjoying the event and might show and display on FWD Life official website, FWD MAX website and FWD Life Hong Kong Facebook Fan page. FWD Life owns the copyright of all photos and videos in relation to this event for future uses and references. By joining this event, the members and/ or and their companions are deemed to agree and accept this arrangement.
- FWD Life and FWD HOUSE 1881 reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the redemption and to amend the relevant terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- FWD Life and FWD HOUSE 1881 reserves the right to interpret these terms and conditions. In case of any dispute, the decision of FWD Life and FWD HOUSE 1881 is final.
- Other FWD MAX or the FWD HOUSE 1881’s terms and conditions apply.
- Should there be any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions of this material, the English version shall prevail.